Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Shapeshifting

Today I realized that my life had become joyful.  In the past, there were ups and downs but never this constant sense of peace that has become my new life.  I find happiness in each breath and joy is a constant.  This simple transformation - as my spirit gave me clarity - was due to the fact that I had let go of all that no longer served me.  This letting go occurred over the last four months, and included releasing people, places, activities, attitudes, thoughts, and even foods.  I didn't make a plan or devise a process for change.  This had been the essence of many pitfalls for me - the plan, the goal, the vision.  No this time, I simply let go, released, and allowed my life to unfold.  Most importantly, I simply began to listen and be present for myself. 

My mornings are clear and evenings are peaceful.  My conversations are rich and wholesome.  My body is well and healing.  Days are purposeful and sleep is restful.  I swiftly am attune to when something doesn't belong in my space, and I release it with a smile.  I accept all who enter my path with unconditional love and acceptance.  Everything that I need in each day seems to arise.  Each time I surrender something, there awaits a new blessing.  If something doesn’t go as planned, I know it was not meant for me.  It’s as if slowly watching God’s Grace unfolding in my life.

I understand in a strange sort of way what it feels like to be a Shapeshifter - one who has the ability to alter or transform self or the physical environment.  Through my limited knowledge of mythology, folklore, and Shamanism, I understand that once the Shapeshifter transforms - which is usually for a purpose - it becomes progressively more difficult to return to its previous form.  In my case, this Shapeshifting was voluntary.  It was a means of liberation.  I didn’t know where I was going, but what I did know was that I no longer wanted to be the orchestrator of someone else’s vision.  I knew I had to step into my own life, or it would be the spiritual and physical death of me.  When I simply let go of all that didn’t belong, I found that I had actually just returned to myself.  I had the time, space, desire, and energy for all the things that were important to me.  There were no more obstacles, or more clearly stated from the movie “The Matrix” – there was no spoon.   Those perceived obstacles were simply illusions; the reasons we all tell ourselves “we can’t”.

For those who know me, writing is my passion.  The form is irrelevant – be it poetry, creative, essay, business, or the like.  It is my gift and it is my joy.  Since I was eight years old, it has been the means by which I’ve healed myself.  As I grew older, it naturally formed into a way to edify others and to glorify God.  I freely help others with writing projects because the words “passion” and “price” don’t coexist for me.  Then over time, it simply fell away and I was no longer inspired.  Some might say that there have been many obstacles, or spoons, that have distracted me.  However, through these last months of the joys and pains, I have returned to myself.  I fully remember the adventure of my life and the reasons I am alive.  I choose the word adventure (rather than “my story”) because my experiences were simply unexpected undertakings – that I survived.  They made me who I am and who God wanted me to be.  I am here to be a vessel of Love.  My mission is to assist in the empowerment of men and women everywhere on the journey to self-love – for it’s the journey that I am most experienced.  I am a healer.  I am love and light.  I know no other way to exist.  It is my purpose to bring blessings where ever I go. 

Moving without a plan or direction is a mountain I have conquered.  Sitting still long enough to set up a blog site is a miracle.  I don’t know where this blog will end up.  I simply hope that we can transform, grow, shapeshift, and unfold together.  It is my desire to share my gift and my Divine Inspirations with you – nothing more.  I ask only that you smile, stop to smell the roses, and watch the blessings unfold around you.

Welcome to Grace Unfolding.

- Grace






6 comments:

  1. Grace, each moment with you becomes an a moment of nurturing surprise. Wow, I am taking this all in. You, the gift that radiates from you, is awe inspiring.

    Haiku for you -

    graceful in all my
    intentions; they become real
    with a loving heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace,
    What a wonderful blog. I understand and I join you in the process of letting go. The Creator often has to work against us to accomplish His/Her purpose in our life. Getting out of the way and accepting what is has been a blessing. It is great to witness Grace unfolding. D. T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace, this is a fantastic first post. Your words are so powerful and edifying. May God continue to bless and sanction every word on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This blog is wonderful! I was touched by your words and wisdom and I pray that your "adventure" continues to provide you with the peace you so deserve. JOURNEY ON!

    Arena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Grace for sharing. Your words are melodic indeed. Seems we've entered blog worlds in close proximity. I look forward to the unfolding of all that you have in store AND some of that delicious POETRY on this page.

    Let's celebrate!
    La Tonia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grace-

    Thank you for sharing your blog site with me. I truly appreciate being a part of something great! I was on the edge of my seat as I read each and every word. Writing truly is one of your gifts :-)! I look forward to receiving more inspirational and powerful messages from you. Because truly that's what I experienced, sheer Inspiration and Power!

    ReplyDelete