Friday, August 24, 2012

Beauty for Ashes


Today I found myself being very grateful for everything in my life.  Tears just rolled down my face as I thought of my fortune – Health, Love, Peace, Joy, and Bliss.  While there have been many ashes, beauty has definitely followed the ruins.  The incinerated hopes, dreams and fantasies of that little girl inside of me once brought tears of pain.  Yet as I look back on my life, it was the fire that makes the remains much more splendid.  It was being thrown into the inferno that left me with resilience to flames; as well as compassion and forgiveness for the arsonist and the spectator.  The result has been a like rebuilt on the magnificent power of Love. 

A beautiful pearl is produced by an injured life.  It is the tear from the oyster that brings forth such a dazzling jewel.  The treasure of being in this world for many of us is often produced by a wounded life.  But it is the ashes and the remains from that blaze that make us so exquisite.

Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment