Thursday, June 12, 2014

Surrender


God is always present.  When we know this, our lives become simplified.  He speaks in stillness and when we move according to His pace, we are guided in every moment.  His stride is often slower than our own but when we surrender to this, the pieces to life’s puzzle all come together with no effort.  Each decision becomes clear, even when it seems to be at odds with what we think we know to do.  The pathway is clearly lighted, even in difficult times.  God sees the past, present and future all at the same time and knows what is best for us.  All that is required is that we trust in Him, and trust ourselves.

Complete surrender is difficult if we are prone to fear or the need to be in control.  But we can only walk in faith or fear, and not both at the same time.  We can either take control of the wheel, or surrender to the flow of His spirit.  Trying to do both at the same time causes inner conflict with the possibility of being adrift in life, like at sea tossing to and fro.  It is said that a double-minded man is unstable in all his ways.  This type of instability is a choice. 

Today, I surrender to God.  I will enjoy the ride – even if it appears like the long scenic route.  As with taking a vacation, I can enjoy the beauty of the excursion; knowing God is taking care of things back home.  I can yield to the moment, relish the picturesque view, and remember the stresses of life back home from another vantage point.  And when I return from vacation, I realize that the problems I perceived were really symbolic of my mental state.  Renewed and relaxed, I find gratitude in all my blessings.  Spiritually recharged and mentally refreshed, I hear God more clearly.  Then I realize that He was never taking me on a detour.  It was I who had chosen the wrong road.

Today, I release double-mindedness.  I surrender to God – for my life journey and ultimate destiny, belong to Him!

James 1-8

Pen of Grace


No comments:

Post a Comment